Friday, July 10, 2009

Yet another hurdle....

Let's throw one more curve ball into the mix, shall we? The American Consulate in Guangzhou (our last stop before coming home) has decided NOT to accept any homestudy updates from parents. It can only come from US Citizenship and Immigration - where we got our fingerprints and original approval to adopt an orphan. What does this mean? Our social worker had to be very specific about Will's special needs in the update, and we have to get a copy to our local USCIS office, so they can enter it into the system, where it will hopefully end up at the Consulate - sometime before our Aug. 5th appt.!!!

How crazy is that?? I feel like I should be getting paid for the circus hoops I have jumped through.

On a happier note, when we arrive in Fuzhou on Sun. 7/26 at 9:30am, we have only a few short hours until we meet our son! That's right - jet lag and all, we will be a family at 3:30 that day. That is seriously overwhelming, since we will be zombies later in the day.... I predict lots of crying from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment