

Check out the last picture, he's got his package out for the world to see! No doubt that he is a boy. We kind of think he looks like Greg's baby pictures - fat cheeks with little arms and legs sticking out. Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks!!
We're in love, and also scared to death.......
WE HAVE A SON!!!We got the call today from our agency - our LSC came in!! This is our official referral for Will. His given name is Su Yuan, and he lives in Fuzhou City, Fujian Province. Fujian is directly across from Taiwan on the southeast coast of China. We are so relieved and excited. We waited 6 weeks from pre-approval. Travel is usually in 6-8 weeks, but things may change because of the swine flu. Last night we read that Fujian has 2 confirmed flu cases, and if they refuse to make international adoption appointments, we could be stuck waiting for quite some time. :(At least we can post his pictures and send him a care package!!

Last weekend we traveled to San Antonio - so of course we stopped by the historic Alamo. Jenna looks thrilled in these pics as you can tell. We had a court date to apply for a Texas birth certificate. It seems weird to think her US birth cert will show she was born in China! Good news for good friends - Terri and Michael got their referral today - after waiting 3 years, 2 months. Their daughter is the same age as Will, and from the same province as their older daughter. (Jenna's too!) We are thrilled for them!!! I truly wanted to shout from the roof tops.We still have no new info on our LSC. Today is day 43. The window was 30-60 days, so nothing unreasonable yet. I just want to post his pictures and send the boy a care package!!Our wait continues....
And then there was the waiting. Oh, ....and the waiting. And did I mention the waiting? Sigh. It has been almost forty days since we sent in our Letter of Intent to adopt Will. Day after day after day of running to the computer, checking email to see if our agency has received our Letter of Approval. Day after day after day of looking at the three referral pictures of Will (which we can't even post here until we receive the Letter of Approval) thinking, "How are you doing today?" and "I hope you are happy and healthy", and "I can't wait to meet you and hold you." I'm sure there is a life lesson in here somewhere. Something about things happening in their own time, the difficulty of expectations and the futility of wanting things to be different than they are. If only I could see it, through all of the waiting.
Could this be a sign? I saw a lady bug at the park today - same exact spot as last time. Jenna and I called it our Lucky Will lady bug. Perhaps tomorrow we will get our LSC?
Today is day 30 in our wait for our letter seeking confirmation. We certainly thought it would take longer than a month, but were secretly hoping.....oh well.It is starting to dawn on us that we still have a lot of projects we need to complete before we bring home a toddler! There is still monkey border in our office from the previous home owner - so paint is a must, as well as our gameroom. We have not even started decorating Will's room! We finally bought some new, lighter suitcases for the trip. Our old ones were a joke.So much to do, but all we really have is time, right?
Well, it is official. The CCAA will be delaying the next batch of referrals. How long? Our adoption agency says 2-3 weeks, but anything is possible. Since we are in the Waiting Child program it might be different - those approvals normally just trickle in, and are not part of a big batch. So will we get our LSC around the 8th? I doubt it.Our concern now turns to Jenna being able to start Kindergarten on time on August 24th. We really want her to start that first week with all of the other kids. That transition is going to be hard enough!All I can say for today is........ DAMN!!!!
This week I read 2 posts of families receiving their LSC - the final letter of approval if you will - for both of them they only waited 4 weeks from their initial letter of intent (LOI). Which would be incredible, because for us that would be on May 8th. Unfortunately, this whole swine flu thing started getting crazy......The Chinese government agency that handles adoptions (CCAA) issued a statement urging families to delay their travel until the flu scare has passed. They are not prohibiting travel - yet. What does this mean for referrals and travel, well the rumors are flying. The CCAA may hold up referrals and travel approvals for the next 30 days.....which would really bite for us. It would push everything back of course, and there could be a problem with Jenna starting Kindergarten. Don't even want to think about that!!We'll try to stay positive, and I'll post more info as it comes in.