We made it home on Saturday, thank goodness! We flew into LA Friday night, and then stayed in a hotel. Forever in the immigration line, till someone took pity on us and a few others with babies. Ordered room service at the hotel at 10:30pm, and it was heaven! Scarfed every last bite.
Our family met us at the airport, which was great. Miss Jenna was so excited, and then she cried because she was nervous about her new little brother. Who could blame her? Things got rough later in the day, lots of tears for all of us. We all went to bed by 8pm. Will slept until 10:30 the next day - a feat I did not think possible!
Will is such an explorer, and I know that one day it will be wonderful, but right now it is really tough. He is touching EVERYTHING, knowing that some of it is off limits. Today, Monday, he was hitting and pinching Jenna like crazy. Not really to hurt her, but to get her attention or make her move out of the way. In any case, lots of no's and redirection. Jenna was sick of him, and we were sick of each other! He still despises getting his hair/face wet in the bath. He was in foster care for over a year, so they had to have washed his hair at some point - but he absolutely hates it. How long can a kid go with greasy hair??
Fatigue is still a major issue, which doesn't help our mood. Greg and I hit a wall about 3pm the last 2 days, so I hope it gets better soon.
We keep saying the mantra, things WILL change, things WILL get better. And I know that in my head, but it is hard to swallow. Jenna cried today that she didn't want a baby brother, and she didn't want to live with us any more. How many times can my heart break for her? Or for myself?
My bed is calling me....
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So happy you made it back! Although it sounds like somewhat of a rough landing. But it WILL get better I'm sure. Shannon can't wait to meet her new cousin, and we can't wait to meet him either!
ReplyDeleteCall us when you have the time and energy. In the mean time try to relax and enjoy this crazy time as much as possible. It only happens once.
Oh, and Shannon has told us worse things already. At six. Yin and yang, pain and pleasure.
All our love-- Kevin and co.
Welcome home! Rest, rest, rest! It takes time to recover. But here's your chance to curl up as a family and bond and find your new normal. Congratulations!!! Jenna looks so happy!
ReplyDeleteSusanna in CA
So glad that your home. Im sorry that we missed you at the airport. Emmie has had many many meltdowns about Ryan. If you need to talk you know where I am.. We are thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts.
ReplyDeletePraying for you to keep your head up. Parenting is tough and you have taken on a monumental task. God's blessings on your family!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are home!! Andrew would love to see Jenna if you need a playdate- You are in my prayers. Call if I can do anything. Ingrid
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Simpsons! I have thought of you soooo many times every single day. Craig is home on "vacation" and he cramps my style... I'll call as soon as I can sneak away when it isn't quite so late to your tired bods.
ReplyDeleteYou'll make it through this and all will be well SOON! Hang in there!