Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A parent's dilemma

We are now facing a huge dilemma. The state dept. has issued a travel alert for those going to China. China is imposing quarantines on people who have an elevated temperature, in an attempt to contain the swine flu. Temps are taken while still on the plane. If anyone has a high temp - they are detained. This has happened a handful of times to different Americans, and 2 adoptive families. Hospitals for those who test positive for swine flu, special quarantine hotels for those who might be infected.

The scary thing is that the families are separated - and Greg and I have decided that we can not take the risk of it happening on our trip. Jenna has to stay home. We are sick over this. Even harder is to decide if she stays with family, or one of us stays home with her, while the other travels. Travel partner anyone? This is one of the toughest decisions we have ever faced.

We're not there yet. We are waiting on Travel Approval (TA), and then the clock starts ticking.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth...this stinks. But you know what is best for Jenna. I was just reading one of the blogs last night, it is a family who is in quarantine...dad tested positive. Of course I immediately thought of your family. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    Hugs,
    Heather Wells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- I know it was a hard decision, but a smart one. I will keep you guys in my prayers!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete